72469 Control Box Highland Series
This control box can be used in Caldera Olympia and Cascade 2002-2003, Cumberland 2002-2005 and Palomar 2004-2005. The unit does not include the topside control panel.
The control box contains the electronic components that control the spa functions including heater relay, heater interlock relay, jet relay, high limit circuit, light circuit, etc. The box receives input from the control head on which function is to be activated and then activates that specific function.
The heater, pressure switch, main power line, jet pump power cord, control thermistor wires, control panel wires, and spa light wires are all attached to the control box, which is located in the equipment compartment. The control box contains a circuit board that regulates all spa functions and seats all of the primary control circuitry.
Additionally, the box contains the circuitry to stop spa operation if high limit circuit senses a problem.
- Disconnect power to the spa.
- Access the equipment compartment.
- Disconnect the copper bonding wire attached to the side of the control box (if necessary).
- Remove the screws retaining the control box cover and remove the cover.
- Disconnect the power supplied to the terminal block.
- Disconnect the control panel ribbon cable.
- Disconnect the light, jet pump(s), and circuit board.
- Using strain relief pliers, remove the strain relief and cord from the control box for the jet pump(s).
- Disconnect the heater terminal connections from the heater terminals. Note special care needs to be taken when dislodging the high limit ribbon from the heater body. The high limit ribbon is fragile and can easily become damaged causing the control box to be inoperable.
- Using strain relief pliers, remove the heater strain relief and cord from the control box.
- Remove the control box from the equipment compartment.
- To reinstall the control box, reverse steps 1 to 11.
72469 Control Box Highland Series is for the following models: