How to Care for Hot Spring Hot Tub Pillows
This Blog was posted on May 16, 2014 by HTSS.
Spa pillows will last for years if you take a little extra time and effort to care for them properly. Here are some tips to help them stay in good condition and provide extra comfort in your spa.
Choose the manufacturer's specific spa pillows for your model and model year when ordering your hot tub replacement parts. They come with a wide range of fastening methods, including pins, retainers with receivers, suction cups and inserts, so they're not a universal fit.
• Replace them about every five years or if they've been damaged.
• Keep them above the waterline to prevent fading and peeling.
• Remove the pillows when you're winterizing or on vacation.
• Clean them when you clean your spa shell.
How to Replace Limelight, Hot Spot, Tiger River and Hot Spring Spa Pillows
You'll need to carefully remove your hot tub pillows to clean and condition them. If you've never done it before and you're unsure how they connect, you can consult your owner's manual for details.
For spa pillows with retainer pins on Limelight, Tiger River, Hot Spot and Hot Spring hot tubs, pull one end forward to stretch the pillow, gently tilting it to the side with your fingers to release the plastic retaining pin. Move your hand to the other side, sliding and tilting it in the opposite direction to release the retainer to completely remove it.
After cleaning it, install the pillows with the arrows on the back pointing up. If it's chilly outside, warm the pillows indoors or briefly in the water to make them more pliable. Slide one pillow end over the retainer at an angle, then hold the other end above the retainer. Stretch the pillow hole slightly by bending the pillow and sliding the other retainer pin into the hole. Push the pillow into place against the shell.
Cleaning and Conditioning
Once the pillows have been detached, use warm soap and water to clean the surface. Use a sponge or soft-bristled plastic brush to remove any residue. Rinse them thoroughly to avoid getting any soap in your spa water. You can dry them with a microfiber towel. Use a hot tub cover conditioner after cleaning and drying them to keep the pillows from drying out.
Hot Spring Grandee (11)
- Hot Spring Grandee Model G 1990-2007 (4)
- Hot Spring Grandee Model GG 2005-Current (5)
- Hot Spring Grandee NXT Collection Model GGN 2014- Current (2)
- Hot Spring Vista (4)
- Hot Spring Envoy (6)
- Hot Spring Aria (5)
- Hot Spring Vanguard (7)
Hot Spring Sovereign (11)
- Hot Spring Sovereign Model I 110v Convertable 1990-2007 (6)
- Hot Spring Sovereign Model II 220v 2004-Current (5)
Hot Spring Prodigy (8)
- 2014-2015 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 2013 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 2012 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 2009-2011 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 2004-2008 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 2001-2003 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 1998-2000 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 1997 Prodigy Model H (1)
- 1995-1996 Prodigy Model H (0)
- 1994 Prodigy Model H (0)
- 1991-1993 Prodigy Model H (0)
- 1990 Prodigy Model H (0)
Hot Spring Jetsetter (10)
- Hot Spring Jetsetter Model J 1990-2007 (4)
- Hot Spring Jetsetter Model JJ 2006-Current (5)
- Hot Spring Jetsetter NXT Collection Model JJN 2014-Current (1)
- Hot Spring Highlife (1)
- Hot Spring Classic (2)
- Hot Spring Landmark (2)
- Hot Spring Alccolade (1)
- Limelight Models (21)
Hot Spot Models (16)
- Hot Spot Tempo (2)
- Hot Spot Relay (2)
- Hot Spot Rhythm (2)
- Hot Spot TX (2)
- Hot Spot SX (1)
- Hot Spot Mallorca (2)
- Hot Spot Sorrento (2)
- Hot Spot Round (2)
- Hot Spot Square Models (2)
- Hot Spot Slxtra (1)
- Hot Spot Sprint (1)
- Hot Spot Dash (1)
- Hot Spot La Palma (1)
- Hot Spot Tobago (2)
- Hot Spot Trinidad (2)
- Solana Models (2)
- Freeflow Models (7)
- Aquaterra Models (2)
- LifeSmart Models (2)
- Hot Spring Grandee (11)
- Blogs (104)
Hot Spring Spa Videos (44)
- Hot Spring Control Panel Operation (9)
- Hot Spring Spa Trouble Shoot Videos (5)
- Hot Spring Ace Startup Instructions (3)
- Hot Spring Parts Installation Videos (14)
- Hot Spring Ace Instruction Videos (10)
- Hot Spring Freshwater Chemical Instructions (7)
- Hot Spot Videos (3)
- Leisure Concepts Videos (2)
- Limelight Hot Tub Videos (7)
- Free Flow Videos (3)
- Hot Tub Helpful Tips Video (1)
- Caldera Spa Videos (7)
- Tiger River Videos (1)
- Silk Balance Videos (1)
- Hot Spring Spa Videos (44)
- Uncategorized (4)