1. Remove the ground lug from heater. Remove screws retaining the barrel braces (if applicable). See Figure 1.
2. Remove all (6) screws holding the aluminum brackets and the heater end cap together. See Figure 2.
3. Pull heater end cap from the two barrels. Pull the retaining bracket back to make it easier to install new heater end cap. See Figure 3.
4. Prep new heater end cap by properly inserting the two orange compression washers provided with the heater end cap kit. Press the two orange washers down until they sit tight against each slot of the new heater end cap. See Figure 4.
5. Use steps 1-3 in reverse to install new heater end cap on to heater.